Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Avatar -

(Note: I tried to load a picture a few times and it wouldn't work. I ended up visiting CNN.)

My avatar's name is Odette Rozensztrauch.

The features I changed are as follows:
1) the shirt (I got a new one for free from two knights)
2) lightened/shortened the hair
3) lightened the skin
4) darkened the eyes
5) shortened up the nose
6) increased the height
I changed these features because they are, in general, more like me...though it looks nothing like me and I'm probably shorter.

I had a challenge at first with getting onto Orientation Island. I found a few naked bodies and a just grey landscape. I struggled because I worried I didn't have the right video card; however, I got out of it, reinstalled the software, and it ended up being just fine. After that, the tutorials and orientation were a snap.

I found Second Life to be a pseudo-pickup joint. I don't know how many guys walked up to me and tried to talk or whistle. I would respond with a "hi" and that's as far as it went because the next girl came along. One guy asked for help and I asked for what and then moved on, too. Very easy to navigate, walk, and get to where I wanted to go. Pretty cool. Though, I did get a little bored after a while. I just don't understand the purpose yet but that's the point. Also, I was the only one at CNN. That was funny to me...

No comments: