Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tasks 1-5

The name of my avatar is Bianca Lutwag. I changed everything about my appearance (hair color and style, type of clothing, makeup style, painted my nails, lips, skin color, eyes, eyebrows, legs... you get the idea) because I wanted the avatar to look more like myself. I tried to upload a picture of my avatar, but she seems to be shy and always looks away when we're face to face and the blogger site said there were internal problems with uploading my screen shot.

I didn't have many challenges in getting oriented to Second Life. Once I used and uploaded the program on a different computer I was finally able to log in. Once I got use to walking, everything else seemed fairly easy. My first impressions of Second Life are that it seems like an interesting program. I think it's interesting how you can "play" around in the program, but other than listening to classes or lecture, I have yet to learn, understand, and see first hand how this program could help companies.

No comments: